Chess continues to win new hearts despite the advent of online and mobile games. Youngsters and even adults from around the world are taking up the game and learning different strategies and moves to increase their mastery and defeat the competition.
Among the many ways to become great in the game, the best option remains to learn from the experts and to practice the game regularly. This method has become only easier with the growth of the web as some of the world’s best chess teachers have taken their skills online.
Here is a brief introduction to online chess lessons:
- These lessons take place completely online. From attending the first class to practicing – everything happens on the website.
- You can take the lessons in stages. Most of the lessons are taught through e-learning programs though you may sign up yourself or your kid for personal training from the academy teachers.
- The classes can be attended any time – so it becomes convenient for you to choose a time that suits you.
- The lessons and teaching are accessible online, and you can simply check your required lessons by logging in.
- You can meet and play with a larger number of players than what you would get in a chess class.
- The costs are quite low as the website does not have to maintain more than one office or training center.
Here are some advantages that these websites offer and which make online chess training very effective:
- Quick training as per your skill levels: Most of the lessons are saved on the website, and you can pull them up whenever you want to refresh your memory or skill sets. This means that you do not have to wait for a few days before the next lesson is made available to you. If you have mastered a certain level, you can easily move on to the next one in the schedule.
- Scores of online practice sessions: There are multiple games with various levels of difficulty that you can try to play. Some websites offer the option of saving a game and playing it later. You can also check the moves on the games you have played and learn faster and better.
- Learning with an assorted group increases your skills: There are different students learning with you each day. If you have signed up for the lives sessions, you may be learning a lesson along with students from far-off places such as Japan or Australia, or even with someone down the road. With the classes being available for anyone and everyone, the learning is more fun than attending a class with the same set of people every day.
- Playing with a diversified player base enhances your skills quickly: Playing with a diversified group of players can easily increase your skill levels much faster than what would have been otherwise possible. You get to see the best in the business and play with them. You get to see different types of attack and defense strategies, bad moves and very good moves, and so on. All this helps to quickly and effectively build up your skill level
About the Author:
Albert Fishman has been involved in teaching chess since 1996 and is part of the IchessU coaching staff. IchessU is the best online chess school and their coaches are titled masters and grandmasters. Their students enjoy private or group chess lessons in our online chess club.