If you've been living in a cave or not connected to the digital world in the past few weeks, you would have surely missed the official launch of Nintendo's and Niantic awesomely popular augmented reality game, Pokémon Go.
Retaining the basic gameplay of past Pokémon games - finding and catching Pokémon, using items, evolving Pokémon and battling at gym - but all in a real world. This means instead of just tapping or pressing screen to catch them ‘all, you can actually walk and do the same.
You must have come across this page knowing absolutely nothing about this viral game. And not even played previous Pokémon games but the real joy is wandering around the real world with your buddy's, enjoying while you explore historical landmarks and monuments which are Pokestops in disguise.
Pokémon Go has become a viral internet sensation making it the most downloaded game of 2016. Users are going heads over heel for finding the best Pokémon and there have been several incidents that have proved that Pokémon Go is one of the most addictive games ever to be launched on handheld devices.
Before you install Pokémon Go on your mobile, let us understand how the game actually works. That means understanding the mechanics, game world and how to access your items, Pokedex and more.
1. Download Pokémon Go from designated store of android and apple.
2. When the game gets downloaded you need to sign up for it. For this you have to sign up with your Google account and you will get a Pokémon Trainer Club account. All the information are stored in the servers which is safe and secure
3. Once you have signed up properly you can customize your avatar to play the game. You can select suitable features like gender, style of your backpack, hair colour, shirt, hat, pants etc.
4. After customization you'll enter in the main game area - Pokémon Go Map
5. Map is the main area of Pokémon Go game and is an animated version of exact Google maps. You can locate the terrain, Pokémon Gyms and Pokestops. You avatar will start moving as soon as you move in real world. If you stumble upon a Pokémon while walking you will get a low vibration and you can try to capture it.
Some key legends of Pokémon Go
• Player icon: Located at the bottom left corner of the screen is the player icon. By tapping on it you can see your achievement and profile information.
• Backpack: All the essential items of your journey are stored in the backpack.
• Pokédex: A very essential and important tool, Pokedex is an index of Pokémon with all the complete classification of them.
• Pokémon: You can check all the capture Pokémon in your possession.
• Nearby Pokémon: By clicking in the bottom right corner of your screen you can check whether there is a nearby Pokémon available.
Hope this simple step by step guide can help you play Pokémon Go for the first time easily. Be extra careful while playing Pokémon Go and aware of your surroundings while wandering to search a Pokémon. Do not fall in a pit or hit a car while getting addictively crazy for Pokémon Go. So what are you waiting for, you have to ‘Gotta Catch em’all ‘.